Easy To Make Greek Style Keto Pizza – Pizza is probably mankind’s greatest achievement as far as food is concerned. Nothing hits the spot quite like a warm slice of pizza with all your favorite toppings.
However, if you’re on a keto diet, ordering from Domino’s is not an option, because the average slice of regular pepperoni pizza can have as much as 34g net carbs in the crust alone.
Lucky for all you keto diet lovers out there, you don’t have to completely let go of the savory snack. Keto pizza is absolutely a thing, and you’ll be ecstatic to learn that it is incredibly easy to make.
The biggest challenge is finding a low-carb alternative for the pizza crust because one serving of regular pizza crust can yank you out of ketosis faster than you can say “this is delicious.”
So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive in Herein is an easy Greek-style keto pizza recipe that you’re guaranteed to love.
FATHEAD KETO PIZZA
Fathead keto pizza is probably the most popular type of pizza for keto dieters. It is delicious, it is easy to make, and most importantly, it is low carb.
If it is your first time exploring the world of keto pizza, this right here is what you should start with.
Fathead pizza crust is made from almond flour and a handful of other ingredients including mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, salt, and egg.
Since the cheeses used here aren’t exactly low carb, don’t go pouring fistfuls of them into the dough.
Use only as much as is necessary, and in our case, only a little is necessary.
You will definitely need a kitchen scale to measure out the ingredients because going over the recommended measurements is risking your keto diet Besides, what keto diet practitioner doesn’t have a kitchen scale already?
Here are the ingredients for the crust
• A cup of blanched almond flour (this is roughly 3 ounces)
• 1 egg (large)
• 1 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
• One teaspoon of salt
MAKING THE DOUGH
Mix all the ingredients together (except for the egg) and toss them into the microwave for a few seconds. Remember to be careful about the measurements because sticking to the precise quantities will yield much better results.
After taking it out of the microwave, add the egg and mix it well into a dough. Afterward, place the dough on the baking sheet lined with the parchment paper, then cover it with plastic cling wrap.
Covering it with parchment paper will also work, though you won’t be able to see the dough as you work on it.
Once this is done, you can begin kneading and flattening the dough into a circle measuring roughly 11 inches (standard pizza size).
A rolling pin works too if you don’t want to get your hands all doughy.
Once you’re satisfied with the shape and thickness of the dough (Fathead dough can be hard to form into a perfect circle, but on the plus side it does make a great thin crust pizza), remove the plastic wrap.
The next step is to dock the dough (or in layman’s, to poke holes all over it to give it room to breathe as it bakes), and you can use a fork or anything with tines to do this.
Some fathead pizza lovers say that coconut flour can be just as good, but don’t substitute almond flour with coconut flour unless you’re ready for pizza crust that tastes like coconut.
As for the toppings, you can go with whatever is on your keto food list.
Some good choices include.
• Chicken, shredded
• Sun-dried tomatoes
• Artichoke hearts The crust doesn’t take long to bake, so it’s best to have these ingredients reedy before preparing the dough.
Here’s the full ingredient list
• 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
• 2 ounces of parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 2 ounces of kalamata dives, chopped
• 2 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, minced
• 5 doves of garlic, chopped
• A a Roma tomato, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F and position a rack in the center. Make sure the baking sheet you lay out is large enough to hold the 11-inch pizza. Line this with parchment paper.
2. Mix the almond flour, salt, cheese, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and stir. Pour the mixture in a heatproof bowl and pop into the microwave for about 10 minutes to allow all the cheese to melt.
You should take it out when it’s halfway done to stir the mixture, then pop it back in until the minute and a half is over Stir the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
3. Remove from the microwave and stir in the egg until it is properly mixed. Leave it to cool for a while then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cover with cling wrap and use your hands to knead and spread the dough until it forms a circle of roughly 11 inches. After discarding the cling wrap, clock the dough.
4. Pop the crust into the oven at 425 F and allow it to bake for about 10 minutes give or take two or three minutes. Take it out when it turns golden brown.
5. Pull it out of the oven and add the toppings.First, spread out the cheeses, then the mushrooms, olives, tomato, garlic, and parsley. Afterward, drizzle the olive oil on top.
Pull it out of the oven and add the toppings. First, spread out the cheeses, then the mushrooms, dives, tomato, garlic, and parsley. Afterward, drizzle the olive oil on top.
6. Pop it back into the oven and allow it to bake for 5 to 10 minutes. Check to see if the mushrooms are tender, but don’t let the crust’s edges brown too much.
Only bake for 10 minutes if you go with the suggested Greek style toppings. Otherwise, 5 minutes is enough to get all the cheese melted.
Now that you have your yummy keto pizza ready let’s look at how much carbs and nutrients the crust has.
Fat — 17g
Sodium — 340mg
Protein — 11g
Carbs — 5g
Fiber — 1.5g
Cholesterol — 60mg
Saturated Fat — 6g
Calories — 220
Sugar — lg
DELICIOUS AND EASY TO MAKE
This keto pizza is gluten-free, low cart, and highly delicious.
Remember, you can always use your favorite toppings instead provided they are in the keto food list.
Now you too can enjoy a delicious slice of pizza without sacrificing your hard-earned state of ketosis with this easy keto pizza recipe.
Ancient Keto – BURN Diet Pills Supplement, 90ct, Supports Healthy Weight Loss, Boosts Energy, Garcinia Cambogia, Green…
Ancient Keto: The Pioneers in Ketogenic Diets.
Our Keto Burn Supplement: Powerful Keto Diet Pills packed with PROVEN fat-melting ingredients.
Made with: Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Caffeine, Garcinia Cambogia.